Applications: Friday 11th May - Monday 21st May 2018
Start date: 23rd August 2018
Contract type: Full time
Contract term: Permanent
Salary: L14 – L19
Dixons McMillan rated outstanding in all areas by Ofsted in June 2017:
- “A strong culture of care for scholars permeates the school”
- “The academy is harmonious”
- “Scholars are thoughtful and kind to each other”
- “All staff said that they feel proud to be a member of the school, and staff morale is extremely high”
- “There is a calm and safe atmosphere throughout the school”
Why lead at Dixon McMillan Academy?
Dixons McMillan is a unique place to work and learn. Dixons Academies are 100% committed to making a difference to educational transformation in Bradford. As a successful leader at Dixons McMillan you will make a difference to young people’s lives and ensure they are fully ready to lead a happy and successful life. You will be supported by a team of exceptional professionals to ensure you are the best teacher and leader you can possibly be.
Dixons McMillan opened in September 2014 with just one Year 7 cohort. In September 2018 we will have over 700 scholars from Year 7 to Year 13 and we will be preparing our first cohort for our very first set of GCSE results. We ensure that teachers can prioritise teaching above everything else. By keeping teaching the main thing, staff are able to refine and develop their practice in the classroom within a nurturing environment. Tailored coaching and considerable time to plan allows staff and scholars to fulfil their potential. Our values driven culture genuinely enables teachers to teach and scholars to learn. We are incredibly proud of our staff and scholars who do what it takes for as long as it takes to be successful. We have very high expectations of staff, but we value them highly. We were graded outstanding by Ofsted in all areas in June 2017, we are now focused on ensuring we are one of the best schools in the country. Come and join us, you will not be disappointed.
The successful candidate will be:
- a high performing teacher and ambitious leader with a proven track record
- confident in maintaining exceptional behaviour for learning and safeguarding procedures
- someone who will live and breathe the academy values and drivers to ensure our scholars life choices are maximized
- confident in curriculum developments and reform
- proficient in the use of data to secure improvements for our scholars
- focused on building strong professional relationships with all members of the DMA community
- able to motivate and inspire students to achieve their full potential at all times
- aligned to the academy values and drivers
The academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undertake a DBS enhanced clearance for the academy.
More information about our vacancies and a downloadable application form can be found on our website: http://www.dixonsma.com/index.php/vacancies
All potential candidates are recommended to contact the academy to arrange an informal meeting with the Principal and a tour of the school.