Leadership Spine L22 – L26
Plus access to an individually tailored CPD package
Required for September 2019
The Trustees of Abbey Multi Academy Trust (Abbey MAT) wish to appoint a passionate, dynamic and committed Vice Principal for Lightcliffe Academy. We are looking to appoint an inspirational leader with a proven track record of improving educational provision and outcomes to lead an exciting and ambitious journey of school improvement. Working in collaboration with the Executive Principal, Principal, the Academy’s senior leadership team, its governors and with the Abbey Multi Academy Trust executive leaders, you will provide exceptional strategic and operational leadership to raise standards and deliver high quality learning and teaching for our young people.
This is an exciting opportunity for an existing Assistant Principal, or a senior leader looking for their first Vice Principal role, within the supportive environment of a multi academy trust.
The successful candidate will:
• Have a very clear understanding of what makes a great school and the skills and character required to develop this
• Demonstrate evidence of truly effective leadership support at a whole school level
• Have a passion for education and making a difference to children’s lives
• Have the ability to support the Principal in leading and shaping the vision of the Academy and the Trust
• Be highly resilient, with relentless determination to succeed and drive change.
• Have the ability to support, challenge and inspire our students, encouraging them to achieve the best they can through the promotion of outstanding teaching and learning
• Have excellent communication skills and the ability to celebrate and promote high quality teaching and learning
• Create an ethos within which all staff are motivated and supported to develop their own skills and subject knowledge and to support each other
• Use resources, intellect, creativity and innovation to be successful
• Have the ability to be a team player and leader who will go the extra mile to support students and families.
• Our values and ethos focuses on developing a love of learning, high achievement both personally and academically which comes from the work of all our staff and the achievements of our children.
• This role will be challenging yet immensely rewarding. You will be supported by an experienced Trust leadership team, Principal, strong trustees and governors and a committed staff. We will also offer an excellent package:
o a competitive salary
o leadership development support
o high-quality CPD opportunities
o a strong sense of shared moral purpose and a real opportunity to transform the lives of young people
o a professional climate where all staff are valued, listened to and who are able to fully use their gifts and talents.
For an informal discussion or to arrange a visit please contact Mandy Wall, HR Administrator, on 01422 201028
To obtain an application pack please visit: http://www.abbeymat.co.uk/vacancies or email Mandy Wall at email@example.com The closing date for applications is 12 Noon Friday 22nd March 2019.
An enhanced disclosure from the DBS will be required for this post.