The Trustees of the Morris Education Trust (MET) and the LGB of Witchford Village College (WVC) are looking for an inspirational and driven senior leader to be the next Vice Principal of the college. This exceptional opportunity will enable you to build quickly on the college's many strengths and to make a real difference in the lives of young people in the area.
WVC is an expanding, 11-16 school located in the village of Witchford, two miles west of Ely. It achieved its strongest GCSE results in 2016 and a 'Good' inspection later that year. It joined MET in April 2017 and this has energised the college further. As a flourishing village college with provision to match, it is seen and held in important regard by the local community.
The new Vice Principal at WVC will be joining a newly appointed senior team and this will provide considerable scope to influence the direction of the school and the positive changes to be implemented, particularly focussing on progress and attainment.
In return, Witchford and MET can offer you:
- supportive and committed staff and students and families who want the college to be even stronger
- an opportunity with development potential as the Trust grows
- guidance from the newly appointed Principal and a highly experienced CEO (who is a National Leader of Education)
- support from the excellent team of professionals who work within the growing Trust
- access to the opportunities created by our newly established Morris Teaching School Alliance
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All staff will be subject to an enhanced check with the DBS.
We encourage and welcome visits from candidates. If you wish to arrange a visit please contact Trudy John, Principal’s PA email@example.com, 01353 646404 (direct dial).
For further information please go to our website www.witchfordvc.co.uk
The closing date for applications to Laurinda Quinn, HR Manager firstname.lastname@example.org is noon on Tuesday 17th April 2018.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 24th April 2018.