‘We believe in the safeguarding and welfare of children and expect all staff to share this view’.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.
The Department for Education (DfE) has set out statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ for schools and colleges on safeguarding.
Safeguarding is defined in paragraph 4 as: “Protecting children from maltreatment; preventing impairment of children’s health or development; ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care; and taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.”
The definition of 'children' includes everyone under the age of 18.
Vice Principal Curriculum and Outcomes
The Head of School and Executive Principal are seeking a well-qualified, innovative and inspiring new Vice Principal to take a strategic role in promoting the school educational aims and ethos (‘Strive, Achieve and Believe!’). The role offers the right candidate an excellent opportunity to help shape the academic thinking and practice at The Stockwood Park Academy, which is part of a growing and dynamic Mult-Academy Trust – The Shared Learning Trust.
You will join the senior leadership team in this new position, created due to the restructure of senior leadership team roles, supporting the Head of School in driving the Academy forward. This is a very exciting time for the school and its journey towards becoming a good and outstanding Academy. The Trust led the way in the response to the Covid pandemic, with children at the centre. It is a fantastic opportunity for a suitably qualified Senior Leader who wants to make a real difference to the pupils at The Stockwood Park Academy. We are looking for a candidate with ambitions to be a future Head of School/Principal and who can lead on Curriculum and Standards.
We are a fully comprehensive school and the successful candidate will be able to engage, inspire and challenge pupils and staff. We are proud to serve our local community – we have high expectations for our students and are driven to remove barriers to their success. The candidate will be values driven and have a clear moral compass and belief that pupils must receive an outstanding education, which is reflected in outstanding pupil outcomes. The successful candidate will gain a wealth of experience, including working alongside an experienced and successful Leadership Team, many of whom have had experience working in London schools and for large national academy chains.
What does TSPA and The Shared Learning Trust offer?
· To be a major part of an experienced and determined Senior Leadership team who are focused on raising the attainment and aspirations of all the pupils across the school.
· An opportunity to shape, develop and embed a clear ethos across our Academy as part of a supportive MAT
· A commitment to excellent professional development and the successful candidate will have access to support from outstanding Senior Leaders, the option to apply for the NPQH and many national CPD opportunities
· A clear vision of ‘Strive, Achieve, Believe’ for our Academy community underpinned by a staff who work together as a strong and united team.
· A supportive staff and Trust network including access to a confidential staff counsellor, out of school offers and perks courtesy of ‘PerkBox’ and an employee of the month rewards scheme
· Through outstanding strategic and operational leadership raise the progress and achievement of all pupils in agreed phases of the academy ensuring they consistently make better than expected progress and improve the progress of under-performing curriculum areas
· Curriculum, to provide effective line management of middle leadership/curriculum leaders and any area of academy development outlined through discussions with the Vice principal & Principal.
· To lead curriculum meetings with middle leaders through CPD to bring about consistency and improvements
The Successful Candidate
Be an experienced member of senior leadership team
Comfortable in the public domain and leading whole school projects successfully
Have the ability to think strategically and solve problems
Have a clear vision for raising standards
Be inspirational and motivate others
Be an excellent classroom practitioner particularly in regards to teaching and learning
Have a passion for outstanding learning
Start Date September 2021
Salary L17-L21 £62,570 - £69,031
Job Role Full time / Permanent
The Trust reserves the right to interview and appoint a suitable candidate before the deadline date.
Why work for Stockwood Park Academy?
· £30 million state of the art building with well-equipped classrooms
· You’ll be working alongside a collaborative, forward thinking Principal and Senior Leadership Team who are here to support and develop you
· Unparalleled CPD opportunities with free courses every Thursday catered to your developmental needs
· Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
· All teaching staff receive a laptop to use whilst in employment
· Freshly brewed coffee for staff on arrival to the academy every morning
· Employee of the month scheme winning shopping vouchers
· Fantastic staff benefits that make a difference to your work life balance
The Stockwood Park Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Welcome to The Stockwood Park Academy, part of The Shared Learning Trust.
With a new Head of School, Mumin Humayun, this is an exciting time to join The Stockwood Park Academy Teaching Team. Your colleagues are friendly, highly e...