L16 - L20 (£59,528 - £65,561)
Full time, permanent
Easter 2020 start
Inspire their remarkable with us
Inspirational leadership is a remarkable thing, and that is exactly what we are looking for in our Vice Principal. You will have overall responsibility for the curriculum at the Academy, working closely with the Principal to ensure that rigorous accountability structures offer appropriate support and challenge.
In addition, you will share in the leadership and the corporate responsibility of the school and assist the Principal and Management Board in ensuring high quality education and outcomes for all students, continuous school improvement and ongoing staff development.
Broadlands is a small, mixed and fully inclusive comprehensive school. We are situated in extensive grounds and ideally located between Bath and Bristol. We offer a unique provision which includes a Nursery, Hospital Education and primary PRU facility. Broadlands is a school rooted in the local community and is on a journey of school improvement.
Within this role, you must be ambitious and able:
- To work with the Principal to strategically drive the development of a broad and rich curriculum that meets the needs of all learners, ensuring continuity and progression
- To ensure that the curriculum vision for the school is clearly articulated, shared, understood and acted upon effectively by all stakeholders
- To design and implement an academic curriculum development plan
- To ensure effective planning, documenting and evaluation of the curriculum in all subject departments and key stages. To develop a standardised approach to schemes of learning to ensure that all subject curricula are well planned; to undertake a scope and sequence review of the curriculum to ensure continuity and consistency.
- To lead the development of technology integration within the curriculum
- To ensure the curriculum meets the needs of all learners and oversee curriculum budgets and resourcing.
Broadlands Academy is part of Academies Enterprise Trust (AET) national network of 58 primary, secondary and special academies.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It is what motivates us. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we are inspiring.
- More opportunity to grow your career - We’ll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We’ll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what’s best for your children.
- More chance to see what’s out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of 58 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
Closing date: Monday 20 January 2020
Interviews will commence shortly after the closing date. We reserve the right to close the applications early in the event of an overwhelming response.
Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today by clicking the 'Quick Apply' button below.
Visits to the academy are warmly welcomed and can be arranged by contacting Hannah Steer, Head's PA on 0117 986 4791.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.