Vice Principal – Head of Primary
Salary Scale L16-22
Our aim is to support every child to reach their potential and to inspire them to have a thirst for learning and a resilience to face challenges now and in the future….. and be excited to learn!
Atlantic Academy joined the Aspirations Trust in September 2017 and are looking for an outstanding leader to make a difference in the next stage of our exciting journey. Atlantic is an all-through school for pupils Nursery to Post 16 and is part of an outstanding Multi Academy Trust.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, talented senior leader who has successful school management experience in the primary age phase. Experience in leading T&L or Assessment would be an advantage. They will also bring a proven track record of raising educational standards; be a strategic thinker, good communicator, effective time manager and work well under pressure. The post allows for leadership of these key areas across all year groups for the right candidate.
- Through outstanding teaching and leadership, ensure that all of our pupils succeed, despite any potential barriers.
- Promote the values and conditions of the Aspirations Academy Trust.
- Lead and manage key aspects of the primary phases and possible other areas of the whole academy such as assessment or T&L.
- Deputise for the Principal as required.
- Support the Principal in the strategic leadership of the academy.
- Lead all aspects of the primary phases and take some all through responsibilities for example possible areas may include CPD, T and L, Subject Strands, Assessment etc
- Work with the Assistant Principal – Primary to develop a clear strategic approach to long term sustainable improvements, creating smooth transition through all stages of the Academy.
We will offer you:
- Enthusiastic, hardworking and well behaved children.
- A supportive SLT and staff team
- A progressive, forward thinking Academy Trust.
- A commitment to your professional development. Opportunities for CPD and sharing good practice across three districts.
Visits to the Academy are welcomed, so come along and meet the Principal and see all the opportunities available to both staff and pupils. Please contact Atlantic Academy on 01305 820262 to arrange a visit.
Further information on the post and for an application form please see below:
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Monday 20th November 2017
Please use the TES online application form.
Learn more about Aspirations Academies at: www.aspirationsacademies.org
Atlantic Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check before taking up the post.