Quarry Bay School Website: http://www.qbs.edu.hk
Quarry Bay School is a four-form entry school with approximately 720 students.
Quarry Bay School is an IB World School utilising the Primary Years Programme (PYP) curriculum framework. Teaching and learning at QBS is underpinned by a rigorous and student-centred approach to curriculum, pedagogy and practice.
Hong Kong is a vibrant and dynamic international city. It ranks amongst the world’s leading financial centres and plays a pivotal role as a gateway to China and Asia.
Quarry Bay School (QBS) is an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School, situated in the Eastern District of Hong Kong Island. The school is proud to be part of the English Schools Foundation, (ESF) a significant leader of education in the region. At QBS our vision is to foster and empower learners to make a difference. At QBS students come first, they are central to all decisions and are our most important people. Standards and expectations are high at QBS. We value the role of the community and forge strong partnerships with all stakeholders. We are a vibrant and inclusive learning community where effort is valued, learning is engaging and creativity is fostered. We celebrate our cultural diversity, appreciate our place in Hong Kong and believe in the importance of Chinese language and culture in the holistic education of our students. This combined with quality staff, enables learners to flourish whilst also being challenged and motivated to be the best they can be.
We are looking to appoint a Vice Principal to join our highly talented, enthusiastic and collaborative teaching team and to contribute to a culture of continual improvement at the school. Quarry Bay School (QBS) recently completed a very successful 5 year IB evaluation visit in October 2019. Opportunities for creativity and innovation within the curriculum are a priority area within the school’s existing three year strategic plan and we seek someone who is able to contribute to this aspect of the school’s development.
The position will be a full-time two years contract starting August 2020, renewable by mutual consent. See ESF Terms and Condition for further details of the package.
The ideal candidate will be:
• A model of exemplary practice;
• An outstanding educational leader who is passionate about learning, teaching and setting high expectations for every student;
• A champion of the school’s mission - ‘empowering learners to make a difference’;
• A passionate, knowledgeable and proactive leader within the IB Primary Years Programme context or equivalent;
• A proven leader of curriculum and pedagogy who is committed to leading a culture of continual improvement;
• Internationally-minded; someone who will thrive living and working in a diverse, cross-cultural context;
• Committed to fostering a culture of high professional practice, mutual trust, collegial and collaborative approaches to teaching and learning;
• Highly visible, approachable and able to communicate confidently with stakeholders, building a strong sense of trust and partnership;
• Adept at leading and developing curriculum, pedagogy, professional learning and reflection horizontally and vertically (ie year levels and phases);
• Be unwavering in the promotion of high standards and expectations through supporting performance.
• A skilled communicator and administrator.
• competitive salary and cash/housing allowance;
• international medical coverage;
• education allowance for up to three children;
• 20% gratuity upon successful completion of the initial two-year contract.
• A proven track record as a leader in a school with experience in leading and developing curriculum and pedagogy (preferably in PYP)
• A desire to contribute in a challenging and rewarding environment
• Bachelor Degree in Education, or
• Bachelor Degree in any subjects with PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate of Education), or equivalent
• Evidence of further professional study eg. Masters
• Recent school senior leadership / Vice Principal experience essential
It is anticipated final interviews will be held in Hong Kong in mid- January or early February 2020.
Teaching in Hong Kong
Hong Kong is a premier destination for expatriate and local teachers! ESF Teachers enjoy an extremely lucrative salary package and a very high standard of living overall, in an exciting and vibrant world city. The teaching profession is highly respected, student motivation and outcomes are excellent, and all teachers receive considerable support from ESF with settling into Hong Kong, as well as with their professional development. Please feel free to contact us in advance about life in Hong Kong if you feel a conversation on this topic would be helpful.
Closing Date: 05 Jan 2020
For enquiries, please contact Mina Dunstan at email@example.com.
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.