BEACONHOUSE SCHOOL SYSTEM, MALAYSIA
Vice – Principal, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Employer: Beaconhouse School System, Malaysia
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Contract Type: Full-time
Contract Term: Two years (renewable)
Job Starts: January 2019 (or earlier)
Beaconhouse International Schools are located close to the centre of Kuala Lumpur within easy access to a wide range of cultural and sporting areas. Beaconhouse has been in Malaysia for 15 years and has well-established schools catering for EYFS, primary and secondary provision, teaching students from two and a half years old through to sixteen years old (IGCSE). The International schools follow the Cambridge International Curriculums for primary and secondary students including: Checkpoint Exams at the end of year 6 & year 9 and IGCSEs at the end of year 11. The Beaconhouse School System is one of the largest school systems in the world which operates in UK, Pakistan, Malaysia, Oman, UAE, Philippines, Thailand, and Belgium. At this time we are looking at a growth in our presence in Malaysia.
We offer a rich, quality education with affordable fees. Beaconhouse caters for the children of both expatriates working and living in Malaysia and for those local Malaysian families wanting their children to attend an International school. We currently educate 3000 plus students within Malaysia and this figure is showing significant growth. Our teaching staff are highly experienced and are both expatriate and Malaysian.
To offer leadership, inspiration and guidance; to manage the day to day routines of the School ensuring excellent academic performance; to play a major role in the strategic planning for the whole school and to work effectively as a key member of the Leadership Team alongside the Executive Principal. The successful candidate will be:
· A Bachelor’s degree in Education or a Bachelor’s degree with a P.G.C.E
· A post graduate qualification in Leadership and Management
· At least 5 years’ experience in a leadership role.
· A dynamic, inclusive, charismatic and inspirational leader.
· A role model across the school in terms of dress, punctuality, attendance, positive engagement and professional relations among staff.
· A pace-setter who determines the agenda in pursuit of excellence while seeking out every opportunity to enhance the School’s reputation and competently and effectively manage change.
· An enthusiast, who readily and regularly shares and celebrates the successes of the students, the staff and of the school as a whole.
· A passionate educator; possessing integrity, a clear philosophy, knowledge of best educational practice, a sense of humour, strategic vision, and constructive determination.
· A first class administrator, who is focussed, organised and efficient.
· A competent user of IT and able to analyse data in order to inform intervention and strategic direction.
This is a two-year contract with an option to renew at its completion.
Short listed candidates will be initially interviewed via Skype. Following these initial interviews final candidates will have a panel interview which may be held at the school or via Skype.
How to Apply
Further information about our schools is available on our website www.beaconhouse.edu.my
Interested candidates are invited to send in a letter of application including the reasons for applying to Beaconhouse, Malaysia together with a comprehensive CV, a recent passport-size photograph and contact details of three referees (one of which must be from your current or most recent school) to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beaconhouse School System, Malaysia reserves the right to employ before the advertised deadline. It is therefore essential that you send applications as soon as possible. We are also committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such, all offers of employment are subject to a criminal record check (DBS or equivalent)
(We thank all applicants for their expressed interest; however, only applicants short-listed for an interview will be notified.)