The Governing Body of Ossett Academy and Sixth Form College are seeking to appoint an outstanding, talented and visionary senior leader. The successful applicant will have a proven record of success in their current role and will be able to demonstrate they have improved outcomes for students.
Ossett Academy is an 11-19 Academy, with over 1,670 students including 270 students in the Sixth Form. We pride ourselves on our high standards across all aspects of Academy life. This includes high academic attainment and a wide of variety of extra-curricular opportunity and talent.
We are looking to appoint an exceptional leader and teacher with the passion and commitment to contribute to Academy wide development. The successful applicant will lead on Student Experience and drive forward Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare. The leader will focus on ‘Standards for Success and Supporting Success’ in line with our Academy strategic plan. The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate a wide range of skills including the ability to implement strategy at a senior leader level; the ability to monitor and evaluate strategies; and the ability to secure positive outcomes as a result of the work being done.
The Vice Principal role presents an excellent opportunity for an ambitious leader to play a key role in the Academy’s success as part of the Accord Multi Academy Trust. The Vice Principal’s portfolio may vary over time subject to the needs of the Academy, the continued development of the successful candidate and the responsibilities appropriate to the expertise of the leadership team.
What can Ossett Academy offer?
- extensive professional development and a wide range of opportunities,
- the opportunity to work alongside excellent practitioners and leaders;
- an exciting, challenging and stimulating place to work in a friendly and welcoming environment.
Who/what is Ossett Academy looking for?
- excellent leadership, management and communication skills demonstrable through present role;
- the ability to communicate a clear vision for improving standards;
- a capacity for hard work and resilience; and a belief that this is at the core of success;
- a creative thinker with an ability and determination to secure high quality outcomes for all students;
- an exceptional and innovative classroom practitioner;
- demonstrable ability to lead, inspire and motivate others;
- enthusiasm for providing young people the best possible start in life.
Closing date for applications is Friday 13 October 2017 at 10am
Selection process to be held over 17, 18 and 20 October 2017
For further information about the role or to arrange a visit to the Academy & Sixth Form College please do not hesitate to contact the HR Department on 01924 232820.
The Academy Application Form can be found at www.ossettacademy.co.uk.
Please return all completed application forms and any supplementary evidence to the HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ossett Academy and Sixth Form College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.