We are looking for an enthusiastic and inspiring Vice Principal to join our primary senior leadership team at Harris Garrard Academy. There will be unrivalled opportunities for career progression and professional development at this new Harris academy.
The successful candidate will be a qualified teacher who will play a key role in our school leadership team on our academy's transformational journey. There will be unrivalled opportunities for career progression and professional development, both within our changing academy and across the Harris Federation.
Previously known as the Bexley Business Academy, Harris Garrard Academy is an all-through 3–18 academy with approximately 1350 pupils on roll and joined the Harris Federation as a sponsored academy in September 2017. The academy is based in Thamesmead in a purpose built building. We are now on a journey towards “Outstanding”, led by a highly experienced executive principal with a proven track record of school transformation.
Our vision is clear: nothing is impossible and everything is possible, irrespective of personal characteristics or background. Every problem has a solution. We believe we are more robust, resilient and determined as a team than as a group of individuals. We support, challenge and hold each other to account at all levels within the academy to ensure that our students achieve their potential, are motivated, engaged and fully prepared for life beyond our academy.
We are looking for someone who:
- Holds QTS or equivalent
- Is a great leader and teacher with very high expectations of what can be achieved and proven track record in raising pupil attainment.
- Understands how children learn best and never give up on them.
- Understands what high standards look like and how to attain them
- Is flexible with a good sense of humour and an understanding of the ‘bigger picture’
- Has good behaviour management skills
- Can work with vulnerable children and their families
Why work at Harris Garrard Academy?
- The opportunity to be involved in the transformation of a school from the very start
- A stunning working environment, in a purpose-built school designed by Norman Foster and nominated for the Stirling Prize for architecture in 2004
- A highly motivated team, led by exceptionally experienced and talented senior leaders
- All the advantages of a successful academy group, with a strong central team of support, teaching and leadership staff
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits package
Are you an Aspiring Principal?
At Harris, we have a strong culture of school improvement, and professional development is at the heart of the Federation. We can offer you the opportunity to gain your NPQH, the first-choice qualification for anyone aspiring to become a Headteacher or Principal. The Aspiring Leaders approach prepares you to lead a school confidently and effectively, whilst offering a unique opportunity to learn from some of the best school leaders, all of whom have a wealth of knowledge and are highly experienced in improving outcomes for pupils and students.
Visits are strongly encouraged and very welcome.
For more information, please contact the school on 0208 320 4800.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.