Position: Vice Principal - Quality of Education
Salary Range: Leadership, points 21 to 25 (£66,031 to £72,832)
Contract Type: Full Time
Location: Netherwood Academy
Netherwood Academy is an 11-16 academy which opened in September 2012, set in an extensive £35 million campus. As part of Astrea Academy Trust, Netherwood Academy is in an exciting period of development.
We are looking for a Vice Principal who has the highest aspirations, passion and expertise to be able to provide the inspiring leadership that will continue our journey to bring positive change throughout the academy. You will be an outstanding leader and classroom practitioner who has the ability to inspire, challenge and motivate to ensure that students are given the best opportunity to succeed, not only in the classroom but in life.
Astrea Academy Trust is committed to high quality professional development and career opportunities for all staff, we are also passionate about cultivating our own talented workforce. At Astrea we believe that we can provide an opportunity to join a dynamic team working closely with the CEO, Director of Education and wider Central Team.
We are interested in leaders who have the strategic vision and determination to drive the academy forward by:
• Supporting the Principal in areas of leadership in the academy.
• Your inspiration and ability to communicate effectively with all students, staff, and parents.
• Possessing excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills.
• Demonstrating a successful track record of meeting high pupil achievement targets through excellent knowledge of assessment procedures and analysis of progress.
• Believing passionately in high quality professional development for all staff.
• Ensuring an outstanding education through a focused and aspirational learning environment, empowering students and staff to realise their best both in the academic and broader educational sense.
We foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We welcome all applicants who meet the criteria in the accompanying recruitment pack to apply for this exciting role. Application packs can be downloaded from the Netherwood Academy website http://www.astreanetherwood.org/ or the Astrea Academy Trust website https://astreaacademytrust.org/vacancies . Applications should be returned by the closing date to Miss J Crossland, Assistant Business Manager, Netherwood, Dove Valley Way, Wombwell, Barnsley, S73 8FE or emailed to jCrossland2@astreanetherwood.org .
Closing date: 12 noon on Monday 20th May 2019 Interview dates: TBC
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Posts are subject to enhanced DBS checks.