“St Bernard’s is an outstanding school that provides a high level of care to the individual, outstanding teaching and a highly innovative curriculum”. Ofsted November 2011
Diocese of Hallam
VICE PRINCIPAL (TEACHING & LEARNING)
Full time, permanent, required for January 2018
Salary: Leadership L13 – L17
The Governors of this successful oversubscribed 11-16 outstanding Catholic Voluntary Academy (OfSTED November 2011) and Teaching School, seek to appoint a Vice Principal (Teaching & Learning).
We are looking for a leader who:
· has a firm commitment to the distinctive Catholic ethos for education and Gospel Values, who will inspire staff, students and the whole St Bernard’s family;
· will be strong in motivating, challenging, leading and inspiring colleagues to make a real difference to our children’s lives;
· will support and promote our strong relationship with our partner primaries and the wider community;
· has the highest expectations of teaching and learning and be committed to ensuring all our young people achieve their full potential;
· is a professional leader with a strategic vision for education, who is willing to delegate and promote continuous improvement and development of our School Community;
· will continue to develop the links we have with school communities overseas, and all our fund raising activities which show our practical charity to the disadvantaged.
Our school community can offer you:
· an aspirational and supportive Leadership Team and Governing Body;
· caring, dedicate and determined staff body;
· creative, fun and respectful student body;
· high quality professional development to grow in your career;
· the opportunity to contribute to the development of our Teaching School.
The governors of the school are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records at an enhanced level. Further information about the disclosure scheme can be found at www.homeoffice.gov.uk
Interested applicants are invited and encouraged to visit the school. Please contact Vivienne Smith, Clerk to Governors, to arrange an appointment.
Closing date: Friday 29th September 2017 at 9.00am
Interviews: Tuesday 10th October 2017
NB If successful for interview, references will be required prior to this date.
For an application pack and further details please visit www.sbch.org.uk and select ‘about us/vacancies’ or contact Vivienne Smith, Clerk to Governors on 01709 828 183. Completed application forms should be returned to Mrs V Smith, St Bernard’s Catholic High School, Herringthorpe Valley Road, Rotherham, S65 3BE or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only completed Catholic Education Service application forms will be accepted.