Westminster Academy specialises in International Business and Enterprise. It serves a multi-ethnic community in Central London, and at the heart of our approach is the personalised curriculum based on the International Baccalaureate Learner Profile.
At Westminster Academy we believe that education is success. By providing all of our students with a world class education, we prepare them to be competitive on the international stage. We strive to be the best in every field, as is demonstrated in achieving our ‘Outstanding’ status. As a member of staff at a fast paced, forward thinking organisation, you will genuinely be changing lives.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our vibrant and thriving Academy for an outstanding Vice Principal who is inspirational, dynamic, innovative and ready for the challenge of joining an exceptional senior leadership team in an Academy that is situated in one of the most deprived constituencies in the country, where 44% of children are living below the official poverty line. We are making a genuine difference to the young people in our community. Your passion for Teaching and Learning should be the driving factor behind your portfolio of excellent results. We are searching for an applicant who is well qualified, driven, ambitious for Headship within the next three to four years and has the ability to hit the ground running. This leadership role will be primarily responsible for Teaching and Learning across the Academy, but a strong vision and evidence of exciting and creative leadership are essential.
Are you that special leader?
● strategic focus and vision, and an absolute focus on raising educational standards
● a consistent drive to improve on the quality of teaching and learning
● instrumental in setting high expectations for self and others and the ability to create, develop and lead high performing teams
● you will already have an exceptional track record of raising standards and attainment, and your personal qualities will align with our ethos and values
● measured risk taker
● an infectious passion for learning and success
● an ambitious, inspirational and enthusiastic leader who has the ability to motivate others
What we offer:
● a key leadership role in a unique and high performing Academy
● an innovative educational concept
● excellent programme of continuing professional development
● be given the opportunity to develop personally and professionally
● have the chance to shape the future of the academy
● opportunity to work with a talented group of teachers and leaders
● work with an ambitious group of students
● An excellent staff wellbeing programme
● Unique Academy working with autonomy, supported by committed and dedicated sponsors
To find out more and to apply please visit: https://westminsteracademy.our-careers.co.uk/
All completed applications should be returned to email@example.com Westminster Academy is working in partnership with Propelo to recruit to this leadership role. For an informal conversation (in complete confidence) please contact Corrina O’Beirne on 01273 222 877 or James Sturdy on 01904 567818.
Closing date: 25 March 2019
Interview dates: 01 April and 2 April 2019
Westminster Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment will be subject to an enhanced disclosure and barring service check.