We are looking for a talented and exceptional senior leader to join our growing academy as Vice Principal. Having opened in September 2017, Harris Academy Riverside has been steadily growing and is now a very popular, oversubscribed academy in Purfleet. We are interested to hear from experienced and talented senior leaders who can work closely with our Principal, supporting with the day to day running of the academy, securing its vision, maintaining its values and furthering its progress. This is an exciting time for the academy as we recently moved in to our brand new, purpose built building and will continue to grow each year until we are full in 2021. We are interested to hear from both current Vice Principals and experienced Assistant Principals looking for a promotion and career development.
At our academy we believe in developing outstanding habits of behaviour and outstanding habits of learning. We talk about developing the right habits because habits are what dictate our actions day to day. We are looking for an experienced senior leader who shares our academy ethos and vision. As Vice Principal you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the growth of the academy to a full academy by September 2021 without compromising its values, vision and culture
- Developing key stage 4 procedures, processes and protocols in line with the culture of the academy
- Overseeing standards in key stages 3 and 5 by managing the relevant assistant principals
- Promoting exemplary pastoral, safeguarding, special educational needs provision and provision for disadvantaged and more able students by supporting, managing and developing the relevant members of middle and senior leadership
- Overseeing continuous improvement in the quality of education provided to all students
Succession planning is a key part of our success as a Federation, and we believe that we are at the forefront of developing the next generation of Leaders. We can help prepare you for your next Senior Leadership challenge, investing in your knowledge and expertise through regular support, coaching and a wide range of professional development and training. You will have a wealth of opportunities to develop as a leader with the Harris Federation. We can offer you a range of bespoke courses and qualifications through our Teaching School, including our Aspiring Leaders NPQH for aspiring principals.
About Harris Academy Riverside
Harris Academy Riverside opened in September 2017 as a brand new academy for the area and community, and was oversubscribed in both 2017 and 2018. Moving from a self-contained area on the top floor of the newly built Harris Primary Academy Mayflower in Chafford Hundred in September 2019 we took possession of our brand new academy building in Purfleet - the academy is at the heart of the regeneration of Purfleet town centre. We will continue to grow each year with a new student cohort until 2021 when the academy will be full.
Why work at Harris Academy Riverside?
The opportunity to be a founding member of leadership who influences the development of a new and ambitious ethos, developing personally and professionally as the academy grows year on year
- Exemplary behaviour and student work ethic
- Excellent CPD opportunities and career progression
- A friendly, supportive, modern, well-resourced and attractive working environment
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
Come and see us in action: visits to Harris Academy Riverside are strongly encouraged and very welcome. Please call 01375 802060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time to come in or for an informal conversation with the Principal.
Apply online and submit your application before the closing date.
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- A network of fellow senior leaders and Principals with a wealth of knowledge and expertise
- Support and mentoring from some of the best executive leaders in education
- Unrivalled opportunities for leadership progression and preparing you for your first Principalship
- Pension scheme (TPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- Plus, the opportunity to work with our amazing students!
Click here for a full list of Harris benefits.
The Harris Federation
The Harris Federation is the leading large Multi Academy Trust in the country for both primary and secondary education. We have an established reputation in transforming education in London and an unrivalled track record in achieving success through rapid school improvement. Harris is a Federation and not a chain; each academy is different, reflecting the particular aspirations and leadership style of its Principal. Our vision is that Harris academies work collaboratively in sharing school improvement strategies, and support one another as part of the wider Harris Federation.
We look for talented leaders who want to help transform education in London, and create exceptional places of learning.
Please note: academies may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. You will still be able to add information until the closing date, but you will not be able to submit your application. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement. Harris Federation is fully committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education. Click here to view our full equality and diversity statement.