The Music Department is housed in a self-contained building which incorporates a recital room, a modern music technology suite, classroom and numerous practice/teaching rooms. The music teachers deliver 200 individual music lessons a week in 60 and 30 minute lessons. The department’s inclusive philosophy allows for a large cross-section of the school community to benefit from the various music making opportunities, including subsidised lessons for endangered instruments. There are also a series of workshops and talks given by professional musicians. The Director of Music is supported by a part time administrator and a talented and hard working team of 18 Visiting Music Teachers and a Musician in Residence.
• Teaching pupils from beginner to advanced level in piano
• Preparing all students for participation in events including concerts
• Proactive in establishing and running ensembles
• Preparing students for graded examinations
• Liaising with the Director of Music regarding student progress
• Providing written assessment/progress reports on each student in line with whole school policies
• Occasionally leading masterclasses and workshops as requested by the Director of Music.
• Experience in teaching a wide range of ages and abilities
• Proven success in preparing students for exams at all levels
• Proven success in coaching ensembles
• Able to use Microsoft Office computer packages within the wok environment
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Inspirational and motivational teaching style
• Post graduate qualification in Music
• Experience in leading masterclasses, workshops and/or coaching a chamber of music
Part time, minimum of 7 hours per week. Working pattern to be discussed at interview.