St Peter Chanel Primary School, The Gap is seeking a part time Visual Arts Teacher (each Wednesday in 2020, with the hours each term varying from 3 – 5.5 hours per week, depending on the term). The role involves teaching visual arts from Prep – Year 6, with the successful applicant being required to teach up to three different year levels each Wednesday per term. To be successful in this role you will hold appropriate qualifications and experience, together with a high interest in teaching visual arts to children. Also essential is:
* an understanding of the Australian Curriculum in the area of Visual Arts,
* confidence with all aspects of BCE learning and teaching initiatives,
* strong and effective organisational and communication skills,
* an ability to work in partnership with colleagues, students and parents/carers,
* an ability to attend to detail in innovative and creative practices,
* a preparedness to contribute to the enhancement of our school culture,
* a strong commitment to support the Catholic ethos of the school.
Applicants are required to address these points in the "letter of application" section of the on-line application form.
St Peter Chanel is situated in The Gap and draws on the traditions and ethos of the Marist fathers and the Sisters of Charity who founded our school. The school is set in beautiful grounds and is well resourced. We provide an inclusive curriculum and environment that caters for approximately 370 students from Prep to Year 6. As a Catholic parish school, we promote a welcoming and vibrant community where respectful and positive relationships are fostered with our parents, carers and the parish community.
Visit our school website here
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing January 2020
Employment Tenure: Part Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): For the 2020 school year
If Part Time, hours and/or days required: Wednesdays (varying from 3 – 5.5 hours per week, depending on the term)
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Contact Person: Margo Carwardine
Contact Telephone Number: 33001202
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Role Description - Teacher Opens in new window
Statement of Principles - Schools Opens in new window