Maternity Leave January 2018 - December 2018
Mulgrave is one of Canada’s leading independent co-educational pre-K – 12 day schools, serving the North Shore of Vancouver. We are an established IB Continuum World School with a reputation for excellence and innovation. We are looking for a well-qualified and experienced Visual Arts teacher, a key member of our Upper School faculty. This individual will take a leading role in the further development of visual arts (G10-12), within and outside the curriculum, and work closely with the Middle School visual arts staff to ensure a strong, coherent progression of skills and concepts from G6-12. This position is temporary full-time from January 2018 to December 2018.
We are situated in one of the world’s most beautiful cities in a spectacular natural environment. We have an excellent learning and teaching environment. The Upper School is comprised of approximately 500 students in grades 6-12. Nearly all of these students study for the IB MYP and IB Diploma and enjoy a holistic, pre-university and internationally focused education with an emphasis on all four strands of education: the arts, athletics, service and academics. All students are required to meet the demands of the IBO programmes and BC provincial requirements.
Visual Arts Teacher - Job Duties:
Including but not limited to the following:
- Teach IB Diploma Visual Arts in Grade 11 and 12
- Teach the IB MYP Visual Arts elective in Grade 9 and 10
- Teach visual arts elective courses in the Middle School elective programme
- Sponsor and support the co-curricular Arts Council
- Provide pastoral care as an advisor
- Current experience of the IB MYP and DP programmes and a commitment to the IB philosophy required.
- An ability to connect with, and inspire students to outstanding levels of achievement and performance in visual arts
- Ideally 7 to 10 years of teaching experience with a Bachelors or Masters in Education.
- A deep understanding of, and passion for, art, along with technical expertise required.
- A grounding in academic art theory and history in order to deliver the DP Arts curriculum required.
- Ideally, assessment experience with the IB Diploma Visual Arts course required.
- International teaching experience is an asset.
- Affinity with our school's values and mission.
- All of the requirements and certifications to teach in BC or ability to obtain by the start date.
- Hold an age appropriate First Aid Certificate.
- Experience teaching in a technology rich environment.
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with staff members, students, parents, and outside community agencies and partners.
The salary range for this position will be $72,439 to $91,845 based on skills and experience and 4% of annual salary in lieu to be used towards benefits.
Please see our web site for further information about our school and a detailed job description at www.mulgrave.com. Your resume and covering letter should be emailed no later than November 1, 2017 to email@example.com. Please include “Visual Arts Teacher” in the subject line.
We thank all interested parties. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
2330 Cypress Bowl Lane
West Vancouver, BC V7S 3H9