Visual Impairment Support Worker
Vision for Education (part of TES) are a well-respected education specialist supply agency. Our Huddersfield branch covers Kirklees, Calderdale and Wakefield.
We are currently recruiting for Visual Impairment Support Workers to provide classroom support for students with visual impairment. The positions are full or part-time to start January 2019 and are potentially until the end of the academic year.
As a support worker you must be able to liaise collaboratively with colleagues across college to overcome barriers and modify learning approaches for the visually impaired students.
To be considered for this position you must:
- Have experience of working with visually impaired students
- Have a high level of numeracy and literacy (GCSE's at Grade C or equivalent in Maths and English)
- Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of Support Workers
At Vision for Education we take our responsibilities to you seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of our supply team you will benefit from:
- Excellent hourly rates paid weekly through PAYE
- £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
- Support throughout your placements
- Access to a dedicated consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Access to free CPD such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Child Protection in Education qualifications
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Worker Regulations) to make sure you get paid what you deserve
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
If you are a support worker who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment then we want to hear from you.
Apply today or for more information on this and other opportunities across Vision for Education contact the Secondary Education team at the Huddersfield branch.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All candidates will be required to complete our safeguarding checks and undergo an enhanced DBS check.