Visual Impairment Support Worker
£10-£10.50 per hour
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are previous experience supporting visually impaired young people.
Ongoing throughout academic year. Full and Part-Time.
We are currently recruiting for Visual Impairment Support Workers to provide classroom support for students with visual impairment. The support worker must be able to liaise collaboratively with colleagues across school to overcome barriers and modify learning approaches for the visually impaired students.
To be considered for the Visual Impairment Support Worker position, you will:
- Have experience of working with visually impaired students
- Have a high level of literacy and numeracy
- Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of support workers
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria)
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period)
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support
How to apply
If you are a Visual Impairment Support Worker who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Secondary Education team on 01484 642892.
Vision for Education Ltd