We require an enthusiastic, motivated VLE Coordinator to join the iLearn team. The post holder is expected to have a significant background and/or understanding of the education sector and will possess extensive experience of managing a VLE platform and other digital tools that support a blended learning model, including knowledge of SQL database and web server operation. S/he will be required to work across the college supporting and delivering training in the use of technology to enhance learner experience, teaching, learning and assessment.
The post holder will be expected to lead the ongoing the development plus improvement of the VLE and other e-Learning technologies, ensuring that all students and staff are fully inducted and trained to maximise its usage within the delivery of the curriculum.
This post will also have a clear focus on analytics and using this information to create a more bespoke level of learning.
The post holder will be required to work with the Head of iLearn to design and develop a digital dashboard to ensure key stakeholders can monitor the effectiveness of the blended learning model and that our learners receive an outstanding experience.
1. Day to day management of the VLE and other digital tools, providing technical support and ensuring the systems are meeting the needs of all stakeholders.
2. Design, develop and provide training to all teaching staff to ensure that they are able to achieve a blended learning model using the VLE and other digital tools.
3. Create a clear induction and information for all learners with regard to the online services provided by the college, monitoring and maximising usage (i.e. VLE, Office 365)
4. Provide technical support to the iLearn Development Team with regard to the compatibility of bespoke or purchased content and other digital tools.
5. Mentor and support the iLearn apprentices as part of their cycle of study, including being familiar with the qualification they are working towards and linking with their other mentors/assessors as required.
6. Work with key stakeholders to gather feedback, developmental comments and observations with regard to the VLE and other digital tools to enable ongoing improvements and engagement.
7. In conjunction with the Head of iLearn, design and develop a digital dashboard that provides detailed analytics and integration with other systems that can be accessed and used to inform key stakeholders with regard to various elements of VLE usage, learner participation and progress.
8. Contribute to the development and implementation of the iLearn Strategy, including quality assurance activities and departmental self-assessment.
9. Work closely with Head of IT and the IT Services Team to ensure a high quality offer and continuity of service.
10. Keep professionally up to date with technological trends and development and provide forward thinking solutions to ensure learners remain engaged with their iLearn sessions. 11. Proactively promote the iLearn element of study to learners and staff by contributing to cross college events and activities.
12. Any other duties of a similar level of responsibility as may be required.
SALARY SCALE: £26,915 - 28,682 per annum
HOURS OF DUTY: 36 hours per week
CLOSING DATE: 27th November 2017