At the Esland Group, we are excited to be opening a new Satellite Centre as part of Oracle School Congleton. As such, we are recruiting for experienced Vocational Instructors. This role will be based in Rushton Spencer, Macclesfield, on a full time 39-week permanent basis.
We are looking for knowledgeable and enthusiastic people with real life experience in a variety of sectors to run our new vocational courses. We are looking for individuals with personality, who can interest and engage our pupils and get them motivated.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be a part of the set up, and development of, a new provision which will be part of Oracle School, supporting children with SEMH needs. We will expect you to use your existing skills and knowledge of vocational pathways to contribute to its success and change children's lives for the better. If you care about making a difference to young people and want to make your mark in a rapidly growing school that is committed to improving the lives of young people, then this could be the role for you!
We appreciate each of our team member’s experience and skills and recognise that these make you unique, enabling you to shape and enrich the lives of the young people we educate. We also believe it is important that our team members share the same values as the wider organisation. At Oracle School, we have a shared vision to be emotionally resilient, supportive leaders and teachers who provide accountable yet nurturing direction to each other and to the young people we educate and care for.
We are looking for outstanding, committed, motivated and qualified individuals to contribute to the development of planning, delivering and assessing a vocational curriculum across Key Stages 4 and 5. As an instructor, you will successfully set a vision and targets for pupils’ success. You will be confident in using your knowledge and expertise to monitor progress, give regular feedback and encouraging our young people to take a responsible and conscientious attitude to their own work and study.
Working in a new Centre is a unique opportunity to shape and guide an entirely new curriculum. A flexible approach with a can-do ethos is required, as is drive, grit and boundless enthusiasm. We will be looking to recruit a staff that has a multitude of talents to enable us to support the needs of all our pupils from the outset.
We look forward to hearing what additional skills, talents and interests you feel you could bring to this role to ensure its success.
What we need from you:
• Appropriate Recognised Qualifications
• Experience of working in your chosen field (away from education)
• Solid experience of working with specialist education for young people with SEMH
• Solid experience of working with young people that challenge
• Knowledge and experience of vocational educational pathways
• Committed, conscientious and passionate about inclusion
• Ability to plan, evaluate and monitor learning and progress
• Ability to differentiate all aspects of learning to promote inclusion and attainment
• Ability to build good relationships with young people and all others supporting the pupil
• Highly organised and have the ability to prioritise and use time effectively
• Resilience, stamina, flexibility and excellent inter-personal skills
• A positive attitude to hard work and challenging situations
• A good sense of humour
What we can offer:
• Commitment to CPD
• A supportive, inclusive working environment
• Access to a wide range of benefits, including Perkbox and our pension scheme
• Staff recognition awards
• Competitive salary
• A highly rewarding job with no risk of boredom
Application forms to be submitted by midnight on 24th January 2021
Short listing will take place on 25th January 2021
Interviews will be held that same week – (proposed) 27th & 28th January 2021
The Esland Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level DBS. We are an equal opportunities employer.
We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best outcome possible for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.
Esland Isaac Newton School
- Special needs with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 7 - 18 years