Job Title: Vocational Teacher
Location: Chorley, Lancashire
Salary: £20,450 - £25,562 Depending on experience, qualifications and training
Contract Type: Permanent, full-time
Start Date: As soon as possible
Vision for Education are delighted to be working in partnership with a highly reputable and dedicated organisation who have an exciting opportunity for a Vocational Teacher to join one of their specialist independent schools in Chorley.
About the role
Their Vocational Teachers are multi-disciplinary teachers who deliver up to Level 2 in subjects including: Careers, Science, PE, Wellbeing, Enrichment, Equality and Diversity and Art.
Teaching both Key Stage 3 & 4 lessons, vocational teachers develop schemes of work and lesson plans in line with curriculum objectives.
They specialise in teaching students whom may present challenging behaviours or are not suited to mainstream education for various reasons, including poor mental health.
They facilitate learning by establishing a relationship with students, and by their organisation of learning resources and the classroom learning environment. They also develop and foster the appropriate skills and social abilities to enable the optimum development of children, according to age, ability and aptitude.
- Assess and record progress and prepare students for examinations whilst also linking their students' knowledge to earlier learning and develop ways to encourage it further.
- Challenge and inspire students to help them deepen their knowledge and understanding and identify clear teaching objectives and specifying how they will be taught and assessed.
- Setting tasks which challenge students and ensure high levels of interest and setting appropriate and demanding expectations.
- Be aware of and make provision for students who are AEN/SEN, gifted and talented, LAC or who have other particular individual needs.
To be considered for the post of Vocational Teacher, you must have:
- Minimum of a Level 4 or equivalent qualification in teaching; QTS is desirable
- A degree, or equivalent
- Level 2 Maths and English, or equivalent
- Experience of teaching at Key Stage 3 and 4
- Teaching students who present with challenging behaviours
- Multi-disciplinary teaching
We are looking for individuals who thrive on the opportunity to make a difference to others, are passionate about learning and have a willingness to grow.
In return, they offer:
- Fantastic CPD opportunities
- 11 weeks' annual leave
- Pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
How to apply
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education's Permanent Recruitment Team, please contact Tracy Harrison on 0191 267 6555 firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must be aware that applications will be reviewed as received and suitable candidate will be invited for interview, potentially prior to the closing date. Therefore there is a chance that the closing date may be brought forward.
Vision for Education are committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
Vision for Education Ltd - Permanent Recruitment Service
- Supply agency