Student Counsellor Volunteers
We are a Sixth Form College with a diverse student community. 25% of our current students are from black or minority ethnic backgrounds and we are committed to constantly adapting to meet their needs. We expect the successful candidate to have a commitment to high standards and hard work to support the curriculum in securing high quality outcomes for all students, and be able to interact effectively with students of different cultures and socio-economic backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from black and minority ethnic candidates as they are under-represented within our staff.
The student counselling service at Bilborough College is offering supervised counselling placements.
As a trainee counsellor, you will preferably have previous experience of counselling:
· Attended/attending a theoretical and practical training course
· With some knowledge and ideally experience of counselling young people
· Or have considerable experience of working with young people in a different capacity
· Ideally you will be aware of the issues and challenges facing 16-19 year olds in a sixth
You will be required to be available for one day per week between the hours of 9.00am and 3.00pm.
· You will be required to hold your own professional indemnity insurance.
· Supervision will be provided by the College.
We particularly welcome applicants who are looking to commit to this placement for the 2017/18 Academic Year starting from September 2017.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Monday 3rd July and interviews will be held on Monday 17th June 2017.
The College is committed to the Children’s Act and all successful appointments will
be subject to Barred List and DBS clearance (formerly CRB).