On-Claim, term time only: £11.44 - £12.63 per hour. FTC until 31st August 2022.
Gloucestershire Professional Services (GPS) is recruiting for a Learning Support Assistant to join the Learning Support department at Gloucestershire College.
As a Learning Support Assistant you will work with learners across the College who have a range of additional learning needs and disabilities including dyslexia, dyspraxia, dyscalculia, autism or physical impairments. You will enable them to access their curriculum and to achieve and progress whilst at Gloucestershire College.
Working one-to-one or with a small group of learners, you will provide strategies to promote autonomy and independence that support their ambitions, inclusion and employment outcomes.
Please review the Job Description to find out more about this role and apply online to join our team.
As a Learning Support Assistant, you will:
• Support students under the direction of the Learning Support Coordinators and Head of Learning Support.
• Actively participate in discussions, team meetings and reviews relating to the learners that you are supporting.
• Effectively use ProMonitor and other internal systems to ensure consistent communication relating to learners and their support.
• Carry out specific support tasks in a range of settings (e.g. classroom, workshops, work placements, offsite visits, sport).
Skills and Experience:
• Working with 16+ age range
• Working with individuals with additional learning needs or disabilities
• Educated to A Level standard or equivalent
• Minimum of Maths and English GCSE grade C / Level 2
• Safeguarding training or willingness to work towards
A career with us means much more than just a salary - we know that our people are our greatest asset. Working with committed colleagues, we also offer an attractive benefits package.
- Further Education
- Students of age 16+ years