Cambridge Meridian Academies Trust
Based at CMAT IT Headquarters, Sawtry
£30,756 - £34,106 pa (Scale 10)
CMAT are recruiting for a front end web developer to design and build web solutions for the Education industry. We have a relaxed but highly focused team of dedicated staff working within the IT Service Team, providing excellent solutions to our group of Academies in a flexible working environment across the East of England.
Working as part of a small team based in Sawtry, you will have the opportunity to work on the full software development cycle from interpreting requirements through to design, implementation, testing and release. You will work alongside the project sponsors and IT engineers to ensure the solutions we develop meet high levels of reliability, maintainability, usability and performance. This is an intellectually and technically challenging role that will have visible results and enhance the lives of the young people we educate.
This role will require demonstrable ability and experience of designing, configuring, developing, programming and testing high quality browser based solutions using industry standard development technologies and standards.
Knowledge of security standards and techniques for web applications is necessary, demonstrable experience of developing Wordpress and Microsoft SharePoint solutions in Office 365.
* Front end development using WordPress for academy websites
* Designing, implementing and testing code (C#, PHP, React, JS, SQL), following best practices for maintainability, testability and performance
* Working with the relevant project sponsor to translate user stories into a scope of work
* Reviewing code to identify defects, performance issues etc.
* Testing developed software meets specified acceptance criteria
* Developing and tweaking workflows within our Access HR system (database)
* GUI design/implementation and knowledge of standards
* Ability to develop responsive websites from flat designs
* 3 years of WordPress development experience and ideally SharePoint development experience
* Familiarity with software lifecycle processes and support tools, estimation and quality assurance principles
* Experience with using SharePoint workflows
* SQL Server (or other SQL databases) & SQL Reporting Services (SSRS)
* Experience of working in an Agile environment
This is a full time post, however we would interested in exploring a term-time position to be flexible with childcare and other commitments.
Further information and an application form to apply is available from the vacancies section of our website: www.cmatrust.co.uk
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
Closing Date: Midday on 19 November 2018
Interviews to take place on 22 November 2018