36.25 hours per week, term time only (38 weeks plus one week).
Start: January 2019 or as soon as possible after that.
We are seeking to appoint a skilled practitioner who will adopt the role of Designated Safeguarding Lead across the academy and also lead on family support. This is a full time post, directly supporting the work of the academy Assistant Principal for Inclusion. The successful candidate will have significant knowledge of safeguarding policies, procedures and practices, together with experience of working with a range of agencies and professionals. They will also have experience of working in an education environment with young people with specific difficulties and vulnerabilities, or those in need of early help support.
West Town Primary Academy is a vibrant and happy place to work where all of the staff are dedicated to the support of our fantastic children who are eager to learn.
The ideal candidate will be able to work under the direction of the Principal/ Assistant Principal to
- support the most vulnerable children and families which may include children with behavioural issues or adults requiring parenting support
- Lead the academy child protection team.
- Undertake early help assessments to develop a plan that meets vulnerable children/ families’ needs and supports them to access appropriate services to enhance the team around the family.
- Work directly with targeted pupils to raise achievement
- Contribute to the wider life of the academy
We are looking for someone who:
• Is committed to helping children succeed
• Is kind, friendly and understanding
• Has the ability to see where and how they can help children make their next steps
• Will commit time and enthusiasm to our team
• Is able to act on their own initiative
We can offer you:
• Training for your role as appropriate to your needs and career aspirations
• A friendly, supportive and positive team to work in
• The chance to work in our new state of the art building
• Career progression, with the opportunity to work within the wider Trust
West Town is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All staff will be subject to an enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
To find out more about the post and the future vision for the Academy please arrange a visit or ask to speak to Hannah Quinn. Contact Helen Buckley (Office Manager) 01733 852400 email@example.com
The closing date for applications will be Monday 7th January 2019 at 9am, interviews will be held later that week.