We are currently looking for a Welfare and Safeguarding Officer who will be, primarily, based at our Hawbush Campus and be responsible for supporting the Deputy and Designated Safeguarding Leads in ensuring all safeguarding processes meet legal and statutory requirements.
Ensuring the smooth running and efficient recording of processes associated with safeguarding students, you will also work with the wider Student Engagement Team to provide a range of extra-curricular activities and to ensure Student Voice is heard.
This role requires someone with a friendly, professional approach who is also diligent, accurate and shows confidentiality and discretion at all times. You must have experience of delivering a safeguarding service and be Level 2 Safeguarding qualified with a willingness to gain Level 3 within a specified timescale.
For full specification requirements please refer to the job description.
In return, we offer;
- Competitive salaries.
- Up to 29 days annual leave with generous additional closure days.
- Enrolment into the West Midlands Pension Fund with generous employer contributions.
- Outstanding staff training and team building programme.
- ZEST is the College’s Health & Wellbeing initiative for our staff.
- Staff incentive schemes including Busy Bees Childcare vouchers, Cycle to Work scheme and ‘Best of Walsall’ discounts.
- Simply Health care scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Reward and recognition scheme.
- State of the art campuses with the latest industry facilities, including our Graduate Salon of Hair and Beauty and on site Little Professors’ Nursery.
- Access to ‘The Hub’ offering a Gym, Spa & Sports Clinic and The Littleton Restaurant.
We are passionate about promoting equality of opportunity and creating a working environment where diversity is recognised and celebrated and everyone has the chance to reach their full potential. Our environment is diverse in character and student population. We particularly welcome applications from candidates from Black Minority Ethnic origin and those with a disability.
Walsall College is committed to safeguarding our children and young people/adults at risk of harm. We uphold fundamental British Values and expect all our employees to do the same. All appointments are subject to safer recruitment checks, including previous employment checks and an enhanced DBS Check.