We wish to appoint a part-time Welfare Assistant to assist with the care of pupils in relation to their physical, social and emotional needs.
The hours are Thursday and Friday, 8.50am to 3.20pm, for 38 weeks per year (term time only) starting as soon as possible.
Applications are invited from highly organised, professional individuals with a positive, friendly personality, a “can do” attitude and the energy and enthusiasm to learn new skills and initiate ideas. Training and development will be offered within the role.
We are looking for someone with:
- Experience of working with children
- An ability to understand a child’s emotional state and provide effective support
- An ability to demonstrate empathy and effective listening skills
- A commitment to supporting the wider school community
- An understanding of what constitutes effective teamwork
- Effective time management skills
Closing date: 9am Tuesday 23rd April 2019
Interview Date: Thursday 25th April from 8.30am
We are committed to safeguarding and promoti ng the welfare of our children. A thorough understanding of safeguarding, data protection and confidentiality is essential and all appointments are subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check.