- Are you passionate about learning and committed to supporting learners to achieve their potential?
- Do you have experience of working in an education or school based setting?
- Are you looking for excellent training and progression opportunities?
- Do you want to work in a friendly, supportive and sociable team?
If you have answered yes to the above, Wootton Park School, a new and exciting school, that aims to be outstanding in every aspect, would provide the perfect opportunities for you!
Our Wellbeing Coach will:
- work directly with learners to improve their social, emotional health and well-being in order to maximise potential in learning and achievement
- work with staff, parents/carers, external agencies and other stakeholders to improve learner confidence and build resilience
- develop and deliver a range of interventions to enable learners to make progress and increase their self-esteem, self-confidence, resilience and independence
- work with parents/carers to support them in giving children and young people the support and direction they require to build confidence and resilience
- support the teaching team in providing inspirational learning support at Wootton Park School
- assist teaching staff in the planning, review and delivery of the curriculum by supporting learners in whole classes, individually and in small groups
- assist in the health, safety, welfare, emotional and behavioural support of learners
- work with staff, parents/carers and other stakeholders to ensure that support provided is appropriate, removes barriers to learning and promotes resilience and independence
Wootton Park School opened in 2016 and grows exponentially year on year until we reach 1260 learners. Currently housed in a bespoke modular building, we will move into our £20 million state-of-the-art school building in 2019.
Wootton Park School offers a first-rate and unique learning environment, ensuring high levels of academic achievement and personal development for all, while promoting the value of public service and building a stronger society. As an all-through (4-19) school, we believe this brings a significant number of benefits to learners and staff, and we seek staff who share this vision with us.
As a Wellbeing Coach you will work with learners with a range of learning, social and emotional needs in a variety of curriculum areas. The role will involve working within whole classes, with small groups and on a 1:1 basis to develop effective learning, encourage independence and promote positive behaviour and emotional well-being.
What We Can Offer You
- an exciting, friendly and conscientious working environment
- supportive professional development, following a coaching model
- excellent opportunities for progression
- opportunity to innovate and significantly contribute to the Learning Development team
- exemplary learner behaviour and engagement in learning
What we are looking for
The ideal candidate would have:
- at least 5 A*-C GCSE including English and Maths or equivalent
- an NVQ Level 2 or equivalent knowledge, experience and skills
- experience of working with young people in a learning environment
- an understanding of the varying needs of learners and how to support these
If you are inspired by this exceptional opportunity to join us at this early stage of our journey to excellence, we want to hear from you!
Wootton Park School reserves the right to close before the application deadline on receipt of sufficient applications.