Aga Khan Academy, Hyderabad, India
We look for outstanding individuals whose work is characterised by passion, the ability to inspire others, excited by the opportunity to make a difference and committed to helping young people find their grand passion in life! Set on a beautiful 100-acre campus south of the historic city of Hyderabad, the Aga Khan Academy is part of a network of Academies which will eventually form an inter-connected global learning community of 18 schools in 14 countries. Based on the vision of His Highness the Aga Khan, the Academy deliberately recruits young people from a diversity of backgrounds and irrespective of their ability to pay. Our holistic approach enables young people to become ethical leaders empowered to make a positive contribution in a changing world. Children’s needs are at the heart of the Academy’s focus and high quality pastoral care is paramount.
The Wellbeing Counsellor is part of a team which supports the social, emotional and educational needs of students across the Academy (K-12), as well as providing information and consultation to support families and staff. The successful candidate will have the ability to offer empathetic support and understanding, in a caring, comforting manner. Previous experience in providing psychological support for children, adolescents and their families is essential as is the capacity to provide leadership and guidance around wellbeing in the community as a whole. Experience of working in a culturally and linguistically diverse context is crucial.
The Wellbeing Counsellor is expected to:
1. Be committed to the vision of the Academy and our distinct educational philosophy.
2. Be excited about the opportunity to develop quality approaches to pastoral care.
3. Play an active role in the residential life of a thriving school community which values and celebrates the diversity of its staff and students.
• Sound understanding of Child Protection legislation and practice.
• Current professional registration and membership with relevant professional bodies.
• The ability to provide informed guidance around child/adolescent wellbeing.
• Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
• Experience of working successfully in a multi-cultural environment.
Applications must include a brief statement describing the key features of your approach to working with young people. Please indicate clearly in your application how your experience and expertise might align with the expectations we have highlighted.
The Aga Khan Academy, Hyderabad
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 6 - 18 years