We are looking for an outstanding, innovative leader to join the GEMS Wellington Family in the position of Whole School Vice Principal – Student Culture and Parent Partnerships.
The successful candidate will play a major role on the Senior Leadership Team supporting the Principal/ CEO in driving forward the whole school from January 2022.
The post holder will be responsible for the development of systems and practices to ensure there is high quality support, care and guidance for all students and that GEMS Wellington Academy Al Khail is seen as a school of first choice for families in Dubai You will be responsible for the review of the quality and effectiveness of students’ support, care and guidance alongside the review of the quality of parent and community partnerships, ensuring home-school partnerships are optimal, effective and support the strategy for future enrolments
We are looking for someone who can successfully support collaborative work with other GEMS schools and training providers and ensure that all staff are supported with high quality continuous professional development and training which contributes to the development and achievements of the school as a genuine learning institution.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Driving student experience and culture across the whole school.
- Working with the Heads of School, and the disseminated leadership of wellbeing, care and guidance to ensure optimal outcomes for students
- Taking the lead in developing policy and practice to focus on the ethos for every student, who is at the heart of the School’s culture.
- Working closely with the Academy Leadership Team to ensure intervention is effectively meeting the need of all students.
- Driving opportunity for Research and Development in the areas of safeguarding, wellbeing, guidance and care.
- Oversight of the Front of House Team, ensuring parent communication is effective and supportive and helps secure re-enrolment.
- Work with the marketing and communications team to drive the growth of student numbers
- Oversight of the admissions team to drive on enrolments in a highly competitive market
- Maintaining awareness and knowledge of trends, developments, theory and methods in the transformation of care, guidance, support and provide suitable leadership and interpretation to staff within the School.
- Lead on internal and external quality assurance processes and procedures that ensure outstanding provision, facilitate and co-ordinate parental and community partnerships.
Required qualifications and key skills:
- Qualified Teacher Status.
- Senior leadership experience in a growing school
- Proven skills in change leadership and innovation. Commitment to promote and support the vision, values and ethos of the School.
- A track record of increasing student enrolments and improving retention
- Evidence of significant and continued professional development.
- Evidence of innovation leading to raised standards and improved student and staff motivation.
- Knowledge and understanding of competency-led curriculum frameworks.
- Knowledge and understanding of what constitutes high quality educational provision and how to secure it within the school.
- Evidence of successful delivery against targets.
- Possess drive, enthusiasm, determination and boundless energy to improve the life chances and experiences of students.
- Generate high expectations, enthusiasm and commitment from staff.
- Maintain a sense of humour and proportion whilst working under pressure.
- Display a genuine love of learning and care for students.
If you meet these criteria, are enthusiastic about student culture and experience and have the drive and passion to get the most from our students then we would welcome your application.
GEMS Wellington Academy - Al Khail
United Arab Emirates
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
GEMS Wellington Academy Al Khail is a premium National Curriculum for England School, located in the rapidly expanding Dubai Hills development. The Primary section opened in September 2013 and Secondary opened in September 2014 with current enrolment...