Hours/Weeks: 37 hours per week over 40-41 weeks per year
Location: Booth Lane
Northampton College is the leading provider of Further Education in Northamptonshire, and financially outstanding. Our state of the art campus and reputation puts us in a dynamic and unique position to meet both the learning and training needs of individuals and employers.
This post is situated within the college Business Centre, securing suitable work experience placements for learners on full time programmes within specific curriculum areas, namely:
Science Technology Engineering Math (STEM) Business
Commercial Enterprises including Sport, Leisure, Tourism, Hospitality, Catering and Public Services
Cultural, Creative, Arts and Media.
Although specific experience within these areas is not essential.
You will have recent, relevant, practical experience combined with excellent organisational and administrative skills. You will have good communication skills, a keen interest in student welfare and achievement and a systematic and methodical approach to paperwork and information systems.
The main duties and responsibilities for the role are as below:
- Liaise with Curriculum Area managers and tutors over work experience to identify specific requirements for learners or course groups.
- Contact existing College employers and partners to arrange suitable work experience placements for students.
- Undertake lead generation activities to identify new work experience placements with local employers.
- Carry our health and safety risk assessments on all work experience placements.
- Identify and promote opportunities to students.
- Maintain regular contact with employers.
- Arrange and deliver information sessions regarding work experience for students throughout the year.
- To provide advice and guidance on work placement requirements and opportunities via a number of paper and electronic media.
- Offer students 1:1 support regarding their work experience.
- Ensure that activity is well planned, monitored and evaluated to ensure customer satisfaction and high quality of provision.
- To update and maintain central college database of work experience placements including CRM.
For further information and an application form, please go to www.northamptoncollege.ac.uk.
Job share may be considered for this post. This post will require a DBS check
Closing date: Noon, Monday, 22 January 2018.
Interview date: Wednesday, 7 February 2018.