Working Cleaning Supervisor
Fixed Term until 31 July 2020
Salary: £17353 Per annum
Full Time - Term Time plus 5 weeks
37 hours per week – 44 weeks per year (Term time plus 5 weeks)
Breakdown of duties per week (approx)
30 hours of Cleaning
7 hours Supervisory Responsibility
Monday to Friday
5.30 am - 8.30 am
3.00 pm - 7.00 pm
Plus 30 minutes per day to be worked flexibly Monday to Thursday
We are looking for an experienced Cleaning Supervisor who is enthusiastic, hard-working, committed and flexible to join our Property and Estates team here at OAJW.
The successful candidate will be working alongside our Facility Site Manager and the Operations Manager.
Oasis Academy John Williams is a very special place to learn and work. Our last Ofsted visit was in September 2017, where we retained a judgement of being a ‘Good’ school with ‘Outstanding’ Leadership and Management, and we believe that we have moved yet closer to our aim to become the exceptional school our community deserves. We value strong relationships with our parents and carers, and know that through working closely together it is ultimately our young people who benefit.
We like to keep things straightforward at Oasis Academy John Williams, and as such our priorities are simple. For our young people we want 100%, everyone, to achieve their personal best, whilst wrapped in 360° of care, support and challenge and in doing so, to develop the conditions to thrive in learning and life.
1. To be responsible for and supervise the efficient delivery of cleaning services to the academy
2. To ensure that the academy building and equipment are maintained to a high standard of cleanliness
3. Allocate cleaning duties and areas to Cleaning staff
4. To clean an allocated area of the academy
5. To organise and supervise staff
6. To organising staff rotas
7. To provide relevant training
8. To monitor and inspect cleaning
9. To take responsible for ordering materials
10. Provide training on relevant role aspects to team members
Key Skills Required
1. Must be able to complete an Enhanced Disclosure
2. Must have Cleaning Supervisor experience
3. Be able to work as part of a team
4. Have a flexible approach to the role.
5. The ability to prioritise workload effectively, with good organisational skills.
6. Able to work from own initiative.
7. Good awareness of Health and Safety legislation.
8. Good Communication skills
Closing date: 9.00am 05 July 2019
Interviews: week commencing the 8 July
Please note that the academy reserves the right to appoint at any stage during the recruitment process.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks and a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours which flow from the Oasis Community Learning ethos.
Oasis Community Learning supports Equal Opportunities Employment.
Oasis Community Learning is a company limited by Guarantee registered in England and Wales no. 5398529.
For more information visit: www.oasisacademyjohnwilliams.org