We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic KS1 teacher to join our friendly and committed team from January 2020.
The ideal candidate will be someone who has the passion and ability to engage and motivate pupils in their learning, encouraging them to achieve their very best at all times, whilst also recognising potential and nurturing the skills, talents and abilities of all.
In return, we can offer you:
• Plenty of opportunities for professional development, within our school and our Trust.
• Opportunities to work with colleagues in our small cluster of schools.
• A team dedicated to innovative teaching methods and implementing current research.
• At least 3 additional PPA days per year.
• An opportunity to work in a charitable organisation that is focused on improving the lives of disadvantaged
children; the core value of the Trust is “the best in everyone”
The right candidate will have:
• Drive, determination and a passion for excellent teaching.
• The ability to plan and teach exciting sequences of lessons.
• A positive outlook and a resilient nature.
• A commitment to developing their own, and others, teaching practice as part of a team.
• The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Longshaw is a two form Primary Academy located in Chingford – close to the North Circular and a short walking distance from Chingford Rail Station (Overground to London Liverpool Street).
Further information about our school can be found on our website and visits to our school are very warmly welcomed – You can book a visit by emailing the School Office Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org or calling the school on 0208 529 5693.
United Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants. CVs will not be considered.
Longshaw Academy is part of United Learning, a large, and growing, group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England.
Our schools work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. Our subject specialists, our Group-wide intranet, our own curriculum and our online learning portal all help us share knowledge and resource, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance.
As a Group, we can reward our staff better: with good career opportunities, better pay, benefits, and ultimately, the satisfaction of helping children to succeed. We invest in our staff wellbeing. Our academies each have at least eight INSET days per year (with three of those solely dedicated to planning), and an ongoing group-wide wellbeing programme. It's an ethos we call ‘the best in everyone’.