The Scandinavian School is a non-profit-making association dedicated to teaching each individual student through Swedish pedagogy. We have a Swedish speaking section and an International, English speaking section.
The school is small, friendly and dynamic and has undergone an extensive development programme in recent years. We follow the International Cambridge programme and offer a range of ICGSEs and A-Levels at KS4 and 5. We are authorised by regional authorities following inspection by NABSS and certification by the British Council. We also have accreditation from the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
We are looking for a dedicated class teacher for Year 3 to cover a maternity leave.
The ideal candidate should be
- highly motivated and an excellent classroom practitioner.
- enthusiastic, energetic and committed to children of all abilities.
- able to exercise professional leadership to ensure high quality teaching skills.
- experienced in teaching English as a second language.
- able to work within a close-knit, supportive team.
- commitment to raising standards of learning.
- energetic, ambitious and enthusiastic.
- in possession of good organisation and interpersonal skills.
- passionate about different languages and cultures.
All applicants must a have a teaching qualification that is recognised in UK schools (such as a PGCE) and recent experience from a UK school or an overseas school following the International Cambridge programme. All candidates must be eligible to live and work in Spain.
Please send your application to Head of School Jenny Dettmann (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 15th December but preferably earlier.
For more information see the school website: www.escandinavo.com.