English Martyrs Catholic Academy Council, on behalf of the Bishop Konstant Catholic Academy Trust, is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and dedicated Y6 class teacher and maths subject leader
‘Standards in mathematics have improved, particularly for the most able pupils. A high proportion of pupils reached greater depth in the Year 6 tests. Leaders have put support in place for older pupils to help identify where they have gaps in their learning and work has been successful in addressing them. Over time, pupils receive a range of mathematics activities, including work on number, place value, and shape and measures.’ (OFSTED September 2017)
We are looking for an outstanding teacher who:
• is sympathetic to our Catholic ethos;
• believes passionately in creative and innovative approaches to teaching and learning so that school is an exciting place to learn;
• is an excellent classroom practitioner with a track record of raising standards and accelerating progress in Y6;
• is ambitious for our school and our children; and can support the leadership team in rapidly improving outcomes for pupils so that we can address the areas for improvement following the recent OFSTED inspection;
In return, we can offer you:
• a positive and caring school where everyone is valued and supported;
• pupils who love coming to our happy school; • highly committed and dedicated staff and academy councillors;
• network opportunities within the BKCAT;
• and, our full commitment to your continued professional development.
English Martyrs Catholic Primary School is a one-form entry primary school. We are looking for an exceptional individual to help us to continue our journey towards providing the best education that we can for our children. We are committed to safeguarding children and all posts are subject to an enhanced DBS clearance and agreement to joining the update service. Please note we do not accept CV’s.
Application packs are available from the school office. Only applications made on a CES application form will be accepted. Please post or email to the above address, marked ‘Private & Confidential FAO Catherine Flood, Headteacher’
The closing date for applications is Monday 30 April at noon. Interviews will take place Friday 4 May 2018