In partnership with Dulwich College and its eight sister schools in Asia, Dulwich College Yangon (DCY) upholds the traditions and outstanding educational standards which have become the hallmark of the Dulwich name in the UK and Asia.
The College operates across the Star City and the Pun Hlaing campuses and is currently seeking Year 1 and Year 2 teachers to work in either of these campuses.
At Dulwich College Yangon, Year 1 and Year 2 are part of our Early Years age phase. We aim to provide a smooth transition from the Foundation Stage, incorporating elements of continuous provision, opportunities for independent inquiry and allowing for student-led learning where possible.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
• An innovative and creative approach to learning, with a solid understanding of the benefits of an inquiry stance
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish good working relationships across the school community
• Support for a child-centered approach to learning and have the ability to nurture high levels of student agency within a classroom setting
• A strong understanding of the benefits of formative assessment
• Knowledge of how the learning environment is utilized to provide the maximum impact on student development
• Experience of how to adapt learning to ensure it is inclusive and accessible for all
• A genuine interest in making a positive and proactive contribution to a young, maturing school
• An eagerness to engage with the local community and help contribute to the development of the country outside of the school.
At least 2 years teaching experience is required, regardless of nationality. All applicants should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Education, or a first degree plus a post-graduate qualification in education (i.e. PGCE).
In return the successful candidates will be working in outstanding, purpose-built facilities equipped with quality resources, set within Yangon’s award-winning Star City and Pun Hlaing residential complexes.
Teachers will receive an attractive salary and competitive overseas benefits package, which includes:
• annual flight allowance
• freight allowance
• comprehensive global medical insurance
• free tuition for up to two children at the school (Toddler to Y11 age)
• enhanced levels of professional development across the Dulwich College International family of schools.
To apply for this position please click on the 'apply on school website' button.
The closing date for the post is 27th October 2019.
Your application should include a brief cover letter, a CV and a statement of your educational philosophy.
Interviews will take place online, via skype, or in Yangon from Monday 28th October onwards.
For further information, please see our websites at www.dulwich.org and Yangon.dulwich.org
Dulwich College International is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks and successful references.