An exciting opportunity has arisen at Norton Hill Primary School, we are looking to recruit an experienced class teacher to join the team in our new DFE funded (£10.9 million) school. The school has been built to meet the increased demands of housing within the Midsomer Norton area. The school currently has one reception class and are looking to recruit a teacher for a Year One Class. As the school grows over the next few years, it will expand to a three form entry school.
We have wonderful facilities which are on offer to the Midsomer Norton Community. Facilities include a superb sports provision, with two indoor sports halls, a dance studio, two large pitches for football and rugby and a hard surface sports pitch which has basketball, tennis, hockey, football and netball pitches. We specialise in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) Forest School and Outdoor Learning.
The school caters for pupils of all abilities, backgrounds and needs – we aim to provide educational opportunities within an environment that promotes aspiration and achievement. We believe that all children have a gift or talent and that all members of our community are unique.
In addition, we see the following as being key to our ambitious curriculum plan:
- Excellence in the all subjects.
- The development of outstanding modern foreign language learning linked to the International Primary Curriculum.
- Significant extra-curricular learning opportunities.
- The development of opportunities to prepare children for life in modern Britain in an area dominated by a White-British population.
We are looking for an outstanding classroom practitioner who can support the school as it grows.
You will be:
- Inspirational and dedicated to our school, embrace our vision and ethos to make sure all pupils achieve their full potential.
- Have a good working knowledge of the National Curriculum and Key Stage 1 & 2 expected outcomes.
- Have a clear understanding of assessment.
- Have experience of supporting children with additional needs.
- Be well organised and plan and coordinate a curriculum area – preferably Numeracy & Science across the school.
- Have experience of supporting and leading colleagues across key stages in a subject area.
- Be willing and able to go the extra mile to build relationships with children, parents and staff.
- Be ambitious for the children in your class, setting and planning learning with high expectations for excellent outcomes.
- Possess Music and or MFL experience/skills.
- Be willing to run an after school club with a focus on STEM.
- Fantastic and exciting learning environment.
- Happy children who love coming to school.
- Supportive parents who work with us in close partnership.
- Committed staff, who work closely together as a team
- Humour and a fun loving working environment.
- An established Forest School and Outdoor Learning Culture.
- Outstanding resources across the school to promote learning in STEM
- Excellent facilities which allow for rich indoor and outdoor learning experiences
- Strong leadership with a passion for improving outcomes for the school through embedding excellent teaching and learning in.
- Regular and up to date CPD.
- An employee of Midsomer Norton Schools Partnership who are an outstanding and established Multi Academy Trust.
Please look at our website or contact us on 01761 205630 to find more out about our school.
Interviews - Monday 1st March 2021
Norton Hill Primary School
Bath and North East Somerset
- Mainstream school with state funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 11 years