Ash Grange Primary School
“We care, we learn, we shine”
Did you come into teaching to change lives? Do you understand how important the primary years of education are? Do you want to be part of a school that practises this every day? Due to staff relocation, we are looking for one class teacher, working in Year 1, to join us in January 2018.
Ash Grange is a Good Primary School (2-11 years), with a Children’s Centre, serving a rich and diverse community. We have clear shared vision, agreed policies and procedures and are focused on establishing consistent practice that will raise standards. The impact of changes can be seen from our children’s love of learning and embracing of opportunities, our improving results which we see across the school, our high community standing and consistent support from a committed governing body. We are all very proud of what we have achieved and desire to become the outstanding school we know we have the potential to be.
Whilst currently a single entry school, due to a previous bulge year, we have two Year 1 classes so you will have a colleague to work and plan alongside.
The ideal candidate will be:
· A creative teacher, who provides exciting, supportive and challenging learning opportunities that meet all children’s needs.
· Someone who creates a nurturing environment that recognises the needs and interests of pupils
· A person with high expectations of themselves, who is able to self-motivate, challenge and reflect.
· A team player with honesty and integrity.
· Able to create boundaries in a classroom that enable children to feel safe and flourish.
· Committed to raising progress and attainment for all our children
· Passionate about children’s learning and life opportunities, recognising the moral purpose of the role.
· Self-motivated to identify their own needs and identify ways to address these.
We offer you:
· An exciting opportunity to work within a growing school, to be part of a kind and caring team.
· The chance to work with a fantastic team of people, who care passionately about the children and will work hard to improve outcomes for them.
· Confident, enthusiastic and well behaved children who enjoy learning
· Professional development opportunities that will see your skills and knowledge grow and develop.
· Salary according to TMSP scale (£24,018 - £34,934)
· For NQTs, we offer the opportunity to start working in the school from July (and be paid during the holiday).
In addition to providing an outstanding working environment, benefits include:
· Plenty of onsite parking
· Access to onsite swimming pool
· Childcare vouchers scheme
Centrally located, the school is a five minute walk from Ash Station (Reading, Ascot, Guildford, Redhill lines – SWT Trains, First Great Western).
Visits to the school prior to application are very welcome, please contact school office to organise a tour. To apply, please complete application form available from www.ash-grange.surrey.sch.uk and return to firstname.lastname@example.org
Safeguarding statement: Ash Grange Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to pre-employment checks, pre-interview references and an enhanced DBS check.
Application closing date: Midday Monday 6th November 2017
Interview date: Tuesday 14th November 2017