ABC Teachers are working with a busy school in Harborne, Birmingham to recruit a Year 2 teacher for a long-term role from October half term. The contract with be 0.4 contract (Thursday and Friday ideally) but can be flexible for the right candidate.
The desired teacher must have excellent interpersonal skills and be confident to work closely and liaise with parents/colleagues/carers where required. You will have a firm and thorough understanding of the National Curriculum and you will be consistent in maintaining high standards across the school. You will demonstrate a passion towards pupil development and be a good communicator.
This popular and forward-thinking school has a good reputation due to the passionate Head and hard-working team creating a positive learning environment. The staff work well as a team to share their ideas and expertise and aim to develop confident individuals from an early age.
To be considered for the position of Year 1 Teacher, you will:
• Hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• Have excellent interpersonal skills
• Be confident in working closely with parents/carers/colleagues where needed
• Have a firm and thorough understanding of the KS1 Curriculum
• Be consistent in maintaining high standards across the school
• Demonstrate a passion towards pupil development
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff must hold an enhanced DBS disclosure which must also be registered to the Update Service (or be prepared to allow us to process one for you), need to provide professional or academic references and attend a face to face interview. A prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.
About ABC Teachers:
ABC Teachers are a leading teaching agency offering a fresh approach to education recruitment. We work with teachers, teaching assistants and cover supervisors in both supply and permanent positions.
We are proud to work in partnership with Tes in finding the highest calibre staff for their school.
ABC Teachers are an REC Gold Standard Awarded Education Agency. Candidates pay rates are competitive and in line with the AWR policy meaning that after a qualifying period, supply teachers can be paid to the comparable scale offered by the school.
Please be aware that telephone calls to and/or from ABC Teachers may be recorded for training, safeguarding and compliance purposes.
Working with ABC Teachers:
As a valued employee of ABC Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria)
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period)
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £370
• Uncapped referral bonus scheme (subject to T&C)
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, then please contact Charlie Tims on 0121 2740345 or submit your details.
Once you are fully cleared for work then you will be contacted by your consultant who will be able to tell you more about the roles currently available and what may be suitable to yourself. Each of our consultants covers their own specific areas covering across from the Midlands and Staffordshire.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across ABC Teachers, please send your CV and contact details to Charlie Tims - firstname.lastname@example.org