Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Year 1 Teacher / KS1 NQT to join a community focused ‘Outstanding’ primary school based in Herne Hill, South London. Starting September 2019, this Year 1 Teacher / KS1 role will be a two fixed term contract with a view of becoming a permanent placement. This school benefits from the support of a close-knit and involved community of parents, and guidance from a supportive Head Teacher and leadership team. They follow an enriched creative curriculum and place great emphasis on developing holistic learners through exposure to the art and music.
About the Role
• Year 1 Teacher / KS1 NQT
• Full time position available through Smart Teachers
• MPS £29,664 - £40,372
• Role to commence ASAP
About the School
• ‘Outstanding’ Standard from Ofsted
• Two-form entry primary school
• Part of a federation of schools
• Strong senior leadership team and supportive Head Teacher
• Situated very close to Loughborough Junction, close to Brixton
• Strong links to the community
• On site children’s centre
In order to be considered for this role, the Year 1 Teacher / KS1 NQT will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS
• Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number TZM27583.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.