Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Year 1 Teacher / KS1 Teacher to join a ‘Good’ primary school in the borough of Croydon. This is a two-form entry primary school, transitioning into a three-form entry, with a supportive and passionate team of teachers employed. The school caters for pupils aged 3 to 11 years and has effective professional development opportunities in place, offering twice as many training days than the average school. The successful Year 1 Teacher / KS1 Teacher is required to start in September 2017. This is a full time contract through to the end of the academic year with the potential to become permanent for the successful candidate.
About the Role
· Year 1 Teacher / KS1 Teacher
· Full time contract starting in September 2017
· Position has the potential to become permanent for the right candidate
· Management of own classroom, with shared resources and planning with other teachers
· Suitable for experienced teachers as well as NQTs
· Open to overseas candidates with equivalent teaching degrees
· Salary is between £25,000 - £36,000 depending on experience
About the School
· Two to three-form entry primary school
· Ofsted rated ‘Good’
· New and modern facilities including a brand new library
· Support of TAs available in every class across the school
· Enthusiastic, encouraging and supportive style leadership
· Easily accessible with excellent transport links (Ideally located, just 15 minutes from central London and a short walk from the schools closest station)
In order to be considered for this Year 1 Teacher / KS1 Teacher role, you will need to meet the following criteria:
· Hold a Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
· Have proven experience teaching in classroom
· Have a clear understanding of the UK primary curriculum and the ability to create an engaging and challenging learning environment
· Be eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Have exceptional written and spoken English skills
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Ongoing CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Reference number CXQ19806.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.