Smart Teachers is seeking a talented Year 1 Teacher / KS1 Teacher to start as soon as possible in a primary school in the London borough of Lewisham (SE4). This school has recently started to follow the Success for All programme, which allows teachers to focus more on the delivery of the lesson rather than the planning side. If you are a Year 1 Teacher / KS1 Teacher looking for a rewarding role amongst experienced and driven teachers, this school would be the perfect fit for you. The successful Year 1 Teacher / KS1 Teacher will join the school on a full time, long term contract until the end of the academic year. This Year 1 teaching position also has potential to be extended into the next academic year. NQT’s are welcome to apply and will be supported by the leadership team.
About the Role
· Year 1 Teacher / KS1 Teacher
· Planning, preparation and assessment (PPA) time provided weekly
· The school follow the SFA (Success for All) programme
· Full time
· Long term contract starting as soon as possible
· NQT’s and overseas trained teachers are welcome to apply
· Daily rate starting at £135 per day (dependent on experience)
About the School
· Two form entry, bright and nurturing school
· Staff are valued and supported
· Work load is minimised when possible
· High pupil attendance record
· Strong community links
· Rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted
· Runs a variety of clubs for pupil’s to attend
· Pupil’s are learning Spanish
· The school have been through a 2 and a half year refurbishment and this will be finished after half term
· All teachers are given quality CPD training
· Within the borough of Lewisham with strong public transport links and free parking for staff
In order to be considered for this role, the Year 1 Teacher / KS1 Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Hold a Bachelor, PGCE or equivalent, relevant teaching degree
· NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
· A minimum of 1 term’s experience in the classroom as a teacher
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number GUS42675.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.