Year 1 Class Teacher MPS/UPS Required January 2018
Passion – Urgency – Positivity – Aspiration – Commitment
This is an exciting opportunity to join an innovative, forward thinking school that is committed to developing its staff and supporting their wellbeing. We are looking for a talented Year 1 teacher to work with some of our youngest students and enable them to reach their full potential. As part of the STEP Academy Trust, we are dedicated to driving rapid school improvement. A wide range of professional development and leadership opportunities are available, at Gonville and across the Trust, for candidates who are keen to develop quickly. If you are passionate about making a difference to children’s lives, join us as we ‘strive together for excellence’.
We can offer you: •
enthusiastic children, who are keen to learn;
• a Rights Respecting School, where children and adults appreciate each others’ rights and responsibilities;
• a dedicated leadership team, who are committed to supporting and developing colleagues;
• excellent professional development and promotion opportunities;
• smaller class sizes to facilitate rapid progress across the curriculum.
You will be:
• passionate about teaching and learning; •
an innovative and reflective practitioner who is keen to learn; •
positive, with a ‘can do’ attitude;
• committed to improving the life chances of every child.
Visits are strongly encouraged and can be arranged by contacting Wendy Hale on 020 8684 4006. You are welcome to contact us for an informal discussion about this post prior to application.
An application pack can be obtained by calling the Academy office or downloading from the TES and school website.
Completed application forms should be returned to Gonville Academy.
Closing date: Friday 24th November 2017.
Interviews: w/b 27th November 2017.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check, medical clearance and satisfactory references.
CVs are not accepted.