Smart Teachers is recruiting for an articulate, experienced Year 1 Teaching Assistant / Y1 TA / Key Stage 1 Teaching Assistant / KS1 TA to join an outstanding independent school in Wandsworth (SW18). The successful candidate will be appointed on a full time, permanent basis, starting in January 2018 and will receive a generous salary starting from £17,000. This Year 1 Teaching Assistant / Y1 TA position would be suitable for a candidate looking to complete their PGCE in the future as the school can help them progress through this.
About the Role
· Year 1 Teaching Assistant / Y1 TA / Key Stage 1 Teaching Assistant / KS1 TA
· Working with an experienced class teacher who is looking for a candidate who can show initiative
· Run intervention groups independently
· Maximum of 18 children per class
· 2 children in the class who need additional behavioural support
· January start
· Full time, permanent role
· Generous salary starting from £17,000 – depending on experience
About the School
· Outstanding independent school
· 1 form entry
· Small class sizes
· 1 TA per class
· Quiet and Calm learning environment
· School offers after school clubs including ballet
· Located in Wandsworth, walking distance from the overground in Zone 2
In order to be considered for this role, the Year 1 Teaching Assistant / Y1 TA / Key Stage 1 Teaching Assistant / KS1 TA will need to meet the following criteria:
· Familiarity with Read, Write, Inc would be beneficial but not required
· Proven experience supporting the UK curriculum of a minimum of 6 weeks
· Candidates looking to take on a PGCE in future are encouraged to apply and would be supported through the process
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number BXV22937.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.