Year 11 Pastoral Leader
Salary: NJC 11-18- (FTE £21,748- £24,982)
Hours: 37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Inspire their remarkable with us
Passionate about making a difference? Do you want to work in an academy where the ‘leaders act with Integrity’ and ‘act in pupils best interests’? (Ofsted, 2019)
Tendring Technology College (TTC) is a large, successful 11-19 mixed comprehensive academy. With over 1,800 young people on roll we strive to be a catalyst; aiming to create not only remarkable lives for our young people, but for our community. We are an academy that offers a broad and ambitious curriculum, we inspire high aspirations for all. We have students that gain the very highest academic and vocational outcomes, we believe passionately in promoting the arts, creativity and sporting success.
We want our pupils to be happy, have fun and enjoy being engaged in their learning and challenged in their thinking. We strive to ensure they are fully prepared for the rapidly evolving future that lies ahead of them, standing shoulder to shoulder with the best in the world.
We are seeking to appoint a reliable, efficient, and enthusiastic person to the position of Year 11 Pastoral Leader. You will help support a caring and supportive learning environment for our children. Your experience of pastoral care will place our learners’ welfare at the heart of the school. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to continue to develop professionally in a well led and supportive environment.
- Deliver preventative support, guidance and advice to improve outcomes for children, young people and families within our local context;
- Work under the guidance of the SLT and within an agreed system of supervision, to implement agreed work programmes with individuals/groups,
- Ensure the emotional health and well-being of pupils across the academy to enable all pupils to successfully engage with learning and make progress
- Support the Attendance Team to raise attendance in school
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More opportunity to grow your career - We’ll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We’ll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what’s best for your children.
- More chance to see what’s out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of 58 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact - Google Workspace Enterprise for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
Closing date: Friday 24 September 2021
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today:
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/initial-teacher-training for further details.
Tendring Technology College
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years
**Please scroll to the bottom of this page to view our live vacancies**
Tendring Technology College is a large split site comprehensive school for students aged 11-18, located in the pleasant village of Thorpe-le-Soken and the historic town of Frinto...