St Peter Chanel is situated in The Gap and draws on the traditions and ethos of the Marist fathers and the Sisters of Charity who founded our school. The school is set in beautiful grounds and is well resourced. We provide an inclusive curriculum and environment that caters for approximately 300 students from Prep to Year 6. As a Catholic parish school, we promote a welcoming and vibrant community where respectful and positive relationships are fostered with our parents, carers and the parish community.
Visit our school website here
All BCE Teachers are required to:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and dedicated teacher to join our close knit school community. This is a fixed term part-time position for two days a week teaching Year 4.
In this role, you will be expected to:
- Ensure that the teachings and values of the Catholic Church form a foundation for learning and teaching,
- Create a nurturing and ordered learning environment which is learner centred, supportive, cooperative and aligned with relevant curriculum policies, documents and practices,
- Collaboratively develop and implement quality curriculum programs and appropriate pedagogy,
- Proactively engage with professional renewal practices to enhance student outcomes, and
- Work with the leadership team, teachers and other staff members in contributing to the professional life of the school.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to meet the following criteria:
- Strong literacy and numeracy practices plus a clear understanding of the Australian Curriculum,
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills,
- Proven organisational skills,
- An ability to work in partnership with colleagues, students and parents/carers,
- Attend in detail to innovative and creative practices,
- An ability to identify and cater for different learning styles,
- Competent at integrating digital technology into a contemporary learning environment, and
- As this position requires classroom teaching of Religious Education, applicants must be Catholic.
For more detailed information regarding the requirements of this position, please see the Teacher role description.
Applicants are required to address these points in the "letter of application" section of the online application form.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing January 2022
Employment Tenure: Part Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): 2022 school year
If Part Time, hours and/or days required: 2 days/week - Thursday and Friday (12 hours/week)
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
As from 23 January 2022 all BCE Schools will be an environment where all employees are fully COVID vaccinated as directed by the Queensland Chief Health Officer.
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
At BCE equity and inclusion are at the core of our Catholic values and we recognise the benefits of a diverse workforce. We encourage and welcome candidates to apply for this role.
Contact Person: Paul McGlone
Contact Telephone Number: 0404 059 047
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 16-Jan-2022