Term Time (36 weeks + 4 weeks paid holidays)
Mon to Friday: 8:25am to 3:40pm – 36.25 hours
Mylnhurst Preparatory School and Nursery is a Catholic Foundation which welcomes all faiths. The school is located in the scenic area of Ecclesall, Sheffield and has outstanding facilities including an indoor sports hall, dance studio, 25 metre swimming pool, outdoor sports fields and play areas. Our Success is built on strongly held values and a lifelong passion for excellence and enjoyment; the focus is very much upon identifying each child’s potential and providing a challenging and stimulating learning environment.
High expectations are at the very heart of everything we do at Mylnhurst. We expect our staff to show high levels of dedication and commitment to their role and in return we aim to provide a working environment which enables personal development and career progression.
As a Teaching Assistant at Mylnhurst your role will involve:
- Working under the guidance of the class teacher in the planning and implementation of work programmes for individuals or groups.
- Providing general support to the class teacher in the management and organisation of pupil(s) with special needs in the classroom.
- Assisting the teacher in creating and maintaining a purposeful, orderly and supportive learning environment.
- Promoting the inclusion of all pupils, ensuring they have equal opportunities to learn and develop.
- The responsibility of promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school.
As a permanent colleague at Mylnhurst you will be entitled to the numerous benefits our staff have access to. Lunch is provided daily on site and is free of charge. There is also further opportunity for funded CPD and qualifications.
The successful candidate will ideally hold a level 3 teaching assistant qualification, however candidates with a level 2 qualification will also be considered with a desire to further develop their skillset.
The closing date for applications is 12.00 noon on Wednesday 30th November 2016.
Interviews will be held the following week.
To arrange a visit or request an application form, please contact our recruitment partner, Jessica Galvin at Hays Education on 0114 217 1556 or Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org
Mylnhurst Preparatory School and Nursery is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to complete a DBS form in line with Section 115 of the Police Act 1997.