Year 6 Class Teacher
£130 - £145 per day PAYE
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position is holding QTS.
Dates – September 2021 – end of the academic year, likely to become a permanent role.
Smart Teachers are looking to recruit an experienced and driven Year 6 Class Teacher to join a sociable school, where you will working with approx. 28 Year 6 pupils. This is a three-form entry school, so planning will be shared across the year group. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Year 6 Class Teacher to start off at a new school in September 2021, where they are looking to provide career progression and lots of CPD to help you prosper within this career. The class in which you will be looking after are curious and energetic, and just require a class teacher who can hit the ground running and help the school achieve new heights in their exam results. With this in mind, the suitable candidate will require experience with supporting pupils with their SATs.
The school has been rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted and fosters an environment of young and enthusiastic educators, lead by a supportive leadership team, who encourage positivity and progression for both pupils and staff. The school has good transport links, as well as a car park for all staff. The school encourage outdoor learning and activities to contribute to a more fruitful way of understanding for the pupils. Although a fairly large school, there is a strong sense of community feel within the school and staff are treated to termly nights out/teamwork activities to strengthen relationships within the school. This is heavily associated with their on-going effort to improve the well-being of all staff.
To be considered for the Year 6 Class Teacher position, you will:
• Hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• Have recent experience working in Year 6
• Able to support pupils with their SATs
• Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of teachers
• Have a passion for teaching with the ability to plan and deliver inspiring lessons
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Year 6 Class Teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact our Primary team on 0207 065 7500 and reference GXSYR611250.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.
- Supply agency