ABC Teachers are seeking an enthusiastic Year 6 Teacher for a full-time role starting after Easter 2019. The role is only currently to last for the summer term, however has an opportunity to turn permanent for the right candidate.
About the role:
The school are particularly keen to hear from applicants that are vibrant and energetic, with a fresh approach to teaching.
The position is for a Year 6 teacher, full timetable, at present maths and literature are the core subjects being taught by the current teacher.
The successful applicant will be due to start straight after Easter = 29th April 19 to end of term. The school would be looking to employ someone, on a permanent basis if the selected teacher was a good fit.
The role will require you to;
-Assess how well learning objectives have been met and use this assessment to improve specific aspects of teaching and to inform planning.
-Mark and monitor work regularly providing constructive feedback and set targets for pupils’ progress.
-Assess and record each pupil’s progress systematically in accordance with school policy, and use records to check that pupils have understood and completed work set, and monitor strengths and weaknesses.
About the school:
This Stoke on Trent Primary School is a happy and successful, Christian Brothers School, a place where they are proud of their ethos and their caring family atmosphere.
There is a maximum-four of twenty children in the classroom.
The successful applicant will join a friendly, hardworking and dedicated staff, supported by a committed Governing Body. Staff provide a wide variety of popular extra-curricular activities which are always over subscribed.
The parents are interested in their children’s progress and are supportive of the school. All the school family strive for the best in every aspect of school life.
Applicants are strongly encouraged apply as you will be most warmly welcomed.
• Qualified Teacher Status
• Catholic Certificate of Religious Studies or equivalent would be preferred but not essential
• Successful teaching in a Primary setting, ideally recent experience within year 6 or KS2
• Evidence of participation in life of faith community would make an applicant advantageous
Professional Knowledge & Understanding
• Knowledge of the Primary National Curriculum, particularly SATS (KS2)
• Understands and is familiar with current learning and teaching strategies
• Understands and committed to Safeguarding Pupil’s welfare
Skills & Abilities
• Can work as part of a team
• Teaching to a high standards
• Relates to and motivates pupils
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Enthusiastic, determined, and enjoy being with children
• Able to be flexible and use initiative
• Good sense of humour
• Be able to manage own work / life balance
• Be organised / tidy and have excellent classroom skills
Interested in applying?
If you are interested in the above role, please contact Stacey Arrowsmith or Alice Crouch today on 01543 228 042, by clicking the ‘Apply Now’ button or by sending an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
As well as being part of a school's community, working with ABC Teachers, part of TES (Times Educational Supplement) also gives you access to:
· Competitive pay rates that are negotiable based on experience
· An Experienced consultant as your main point of contact
· Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to terms and conditions)
· Reward scheme for staff referrals (subject to terms and conditions)
To be considered for this particular role, you will need to meet the following criteria:
· Be eligible to work in the UK (must have a valid visa)
· Must hold relevant teaching qualifications (Bachelor of Education / PGCE)
Not found what you are looking for?
Keep up to date with us on our Website, Twitter and Facebook pages for details of all our current jobs and upcoming registration days.
ABC Teachers are an REC Gold Standard Awarded Education Agency, part of TES (Times Educational Supplement) Group. Candidates pay rates are competitive and in line with the AWR policy which means that after a qualifying period, supply teachers can be paid to scale.